Sunday, January 9, 2011

Half way to home

Well we are more than halfway through our adventure, with four weeks here, and three weeks to go, and I've got to say, its been a blast.

The things we wanted to have experience have exceeded our expectations, the people on this island must be the friendliest in Australia, so now we start the countdown to our return to normality, and I must admit, at this point I am unsure if I want to return there.

Everything out here is different, and in some ways different in a better way and in some ways worse (I'll blog about the worst way before we leave), I know I've enjoyed the experience so far (and I think the kids and Chris have as well) as an example the kids yesterday were hard at us to decide if we could return at Easter for two weeks. (Not a decision we will be taking soon by the way).

So in three weeks we will return to a safe suburban life, the kids will return to school, I'll return the the University, and Chris will return to General Practice. Our friends list on Facebook, expanded with people we would never have met, if we had stayed at home.

It will be interesting to see how we handle the reverse culture shock !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment